Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Year To Forget???

Today I have been indoors all day and have used the time to 'take stock'....... I have thought about where I was last year at this time and where I am now and it's not good reading folks....... 

It has been a year where most of my goals & dreams have remained untouched, unmet & pushed back. I have not been as successful as I wanted to be at work (sorry Boss!). Poker has been shockingly bad and I have not played any of the events that I wanted to play this year, My favourite club, The International closed down whilst I was away in Vegas, during the summer and I have properly fallen out with one of my best friends (you know who you are), but I will fix it...... Promise! My health has been on a perpetual down swing and to top it off, I am just about to lose a long standing bet with another friend and I am abso gutted about that.....! 

Anyway, I want this to be positive or at least be able to take some positives from it! I am counting down the days, hours, minutes & seconds to 2013. I know, I know, there are still 71 days of the year to go but I have to be realistic..... I am going to spend this time preparing to hit 2013 with a massive uppercut. I will have a massive upswing in 2013. My life has been in 10 year cycles and the last perfect year was 2003 (who remembers?!) and I will have that again! 
A happy me in 2003..... Sigh!

I am not going to wait for New Years to make resolutions.... I am going to start now. For me 2012 is already fading into history & 2013 is starting early! So Happy New Year everyone! 


3 comments:

  1. Chin up son, still plenty of time to recognise 2012 as the year you turned it all around
    Joejoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sam, it's a new day. I suspect the most important part of our journey is trying to meet our goals.
    Good luck mate
    Jimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jimi! Indeed it is a new day, no, actually New Year and you are right, it's all about the goals. Much love in 2013 to you and your loved ones! HPB x

      Delete