Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekend Update 1

This weekend has been full of highs & lows for me....... I think the highs have outweighed the lows though, but only just!

The first high was meeting up with my Dad on Saturday morning at the outrageously bright (literally) & early time of 10am. The next high was going to The International, my 'home' poker club to play in the first event of a very busy time for the club; The Gutshot London Open (GLO). Now this is an event that I was hoping to win as it would be great to leave for my US trip, which ends in Vegas, on a high. Alas it wasn't to be and I didn't make day two..... The first low. The second low was my team England's mediocre match against the USA........ Nuff said! The third low was finding out that the Muppet who damaged my chip stack during the GLO with J6 off suit when I had a pair of Kings went on to win it, a guaranteed 1st prize of $10,000 & a trophy!!!

The biggest high of the weekend though was my other team Ghana won their first group match!!!!! Before you say say anything, I have dual nationality so I can support two teams! I have been tipping Ghana to reach the Semi finals so watch this space....... Go Black Stars!!!!

Anyways, the weekend has come to a close & I am now looking forward to next week. Here's a quick preview of my week:
Monday - Work, day 1 of International Super Stack Series of Poker Evt 1 (ISSSOP).
Tuesday - Work, day 2 of International Super Stack Series of Poker Evt 1.
Wednesday - 1/2 day work, packing & preening
Thursday - Flight to Miami, Happy hour(s) in my fav Miami bar; La Bourgianvillea http://www.facebook.com/bougiesbar?v=wall or Bougies to us regs!
Friday - Work in the Miami office  








Weekend - Well I have loads to cram in but it should include a trip out on my fav little boat, a proper BBQ & of course Ghana nailing the final nail in Australia's World Cup coffin!




Look out for Weekend Update 2! Until then....... Last longer anyone?!

No comments:

Post a Comment