Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Journey

Hi All,

I know, I know...! I was meant to be a better blogger this year and yet this is only my second blog post so far? Sorry!

I am out & about on 'walkabout' at the moment and I thought I should give you all an update on what's been happening so here it is. I am in Austin, Texas at the moment. I am here for work attending HITEC 2011. It is a show that I attend every year and those of you that know me also know that I always go to Vegas afterwards! Yep, I'll be winging my way on American Airlines First Class from Austin to Vegas on Friday for some WSOP madness! Can you tell I am excited?!


Airport Traffic Jam!

Anyway back to the present; I flew BA out of the newly opened LHR T5C on Saturday, it was quite nice actually..... It looked new & smelt new. So there I was sitting on my first flight of the day from London to Chicago and some bright spark decides to shut one of the runways which means a 1 hour delay in London.

When we did make it into the air, the flight was pretty uneventful. I watch three movies but don't even remember what they were! I forgot to get duty free fags too! Oh dear, I'm getting old! I got to Chicago and managed to squeeze a quick cigarette in before making my connecting flight to the 100+ degree f, Austin, where we ended up taking off late, quelle surprise!



Ballers get there!




I got to the hotel and after more than 30 mins & talk of booking me out to another hotel; I finally got keys to my room at the InterContinental Stephen F. Austin hotel. Yep, I did get an upgrade! OiOiOiOiOiOiOi!!! Why can't I get that on planes?!?!

Anyway, I was going to carry on with what has happened since I arrived here but I don't want to bore you any more than I have already & this is kind of a natural place to stop (how else am I going to increase my blog count?!). So I have changed the title to The Journey & I will be writing a few more blogs in the next few weeks but until then, be good!

1 comment: